Sensory Calendar

This Christmas will be Roo's fourth Christmas and while I love to say that he is excited about it all , the reality is he still doesn't understand...to him it's just another day. I always find myself feeling sad at this time of the year when I see his brothers and other children of the same age as Roo get all excited about the Christmas season, visiting Santa, asking for certain toys, looking forward to the opening of the advent calendars...

Last year we got Roo his first chocolate calendar and he just didn't get it...some days he even refused the chocolate..he just wasn't interested. This year I've decided that we are going to do something different..last year one of the Swan mum's did a sensory calendar for her little boy, Freddie, and I absolutely loved seeing the daily photos of Freddie experiencing different sensory things related to Christmas! So this is what I will be doing with Roo and I hope by doing this it may help him to understand a bit more about Christmas in his way...

So I have made up a list of different things I will do each day of December until Christmas Day and I will take a photo of each day and post it on Roo Facebook page daily! I have loved shopping for the bits and pieces (mainly in pound shops ;-) ) and I'm really looking forward to doing it!






Comments